Snack Monster

by jessica on June 7, 2012

I’m a bit of a monster – a cookie monster (who isn’t?), a definite cereal monster, and a snack monster. I love to snack. Snacking makes me happy. It makes me feel like I’m getting extra food. With the Fit Mixer boot camp, I have been made very aware of my out of control snacking. Luckily, I quickly found some snacks that fit perfectly with this new (and temporary) lifestyle.

photo 2.JPG

Chocolate Mini Wheats – 42 biscuits are 190 calories and 5 grams of protein. Most of the time I will only eat 21 biscuits. This has helped with my cereal cravings and also my chocolate cravings. Double duty snack.

photo 2.JPG

Olives! I’ve been on an olive kick for the past few months, but I assumed they would be a no-go for the diet. Um…why did I think these were a secretly bad food?

photo 1.JPG

While I do eat a lot of regular Greek yogurt, the Champions cups make for a nice snack or dessert. Each cup is only 100 calories and xx protein. Right now I have the orange, but the chocolate vanilla are my favorite. Total dessert!

photo 3.JPG

Pop Chips – 1 .8 oz bag of original is 100 calories. My go-to salty snack these days. I also love the cheddar and the sweet potato. I have to buy these in individual serving bags or I go crazy. Plus they are a great addition to my lunches.

photo 3.JPG

Mini cinnamon graham crackers are a new find. 29 little crackers is 130 calories and 3 grams of protein. It’s actually enough crackers for a satisfying snack.

photo 2.JPG

Skinny Cow ice cream – bars are 100-110 calories and the sandwiches are 150 calories. This does not taste like diet ice cream and is a must on these hot evenings.

photo 3.JPG

Cottage cheese is one of my favorite ways to get some extra protein. Each 4 oz. cup is 90 calories and 10 grams of protein. I top it off with some black pepper. It’s a must.

What are your favorite snacks when you are watching what you eat?

{ 10 comments… read them below or add one }

Michelle @ The Running Jewess June 7, 2012 at 12:31 pm

I may have to give cottage cheese another shot, I’ve avoided it for a while but I know it is a healthy option and tastes good with a touch of jelly. I love Popchips as well, but I rarely get them at my store as I try to avoid those aisles. At the moment I’m trying to focus on having fruit and veggies as my snack of choice (so I avoid the chocolate cravings).

jessica June 7, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Saved from the spam monster!! I’m the same way with the snack aisle. I have to avoid it. Luckily I have PopChips in single-serving bags so I don’t go crazy.

Kelly June 7, 2012 at 1:00 pm

I’ve never seen those honey graham mini squares but they look like such a good snack!! The cinnamon flavor that you have just plain out of the box, or plan ones for dipping in Nutella or some other goodness!

I am a big fan of triscuits right now. (the lightly salted variety) For some reason the texture and slight saltiness is very satisfying to me! I also LOVE the Stretch Island fruit strips.

jessica June 7, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Oh I love Triscuits too!! They have a rosemary seasoned one that I cannot get enough of!

Calee (@chimes) June 7, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Is it bad that the first thing I thought of when reading this post was “rommmmmm nom nom nom nom”?

I’m a snacker. I typically have 6-8 mini-meals a day that are all snacky. And I seriously think that the worst part of being GF is not having as many cereal options as I used to. I LOVE CEREAL.

Trisha June 7, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Love Chobani Champions! I’ve never tried the orange but I will most definitely seek it out next time I go grocery shopping.

My summer go-to is Sabra hummus with carrots & mini pretzels. However, I definitely have to portion out my pretzels or I’ll eat the entire bag.

Katie June 7, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Chobani champions for the win!

Happy weekend friend! <3

Nicole June 8, 2012 at 11:39 am

I really try to stick to whole, fresh food for snacks- apples, grapes, freshly popped (brown paper bag) popcorn, etc. Snyders sourdough pretzels are my one real snack – they have no oil, corn syrup, etc so they’re on the “safe” list.

janetha [meals & moves] June 11, 2012 at 11:12 am

i so wish i could find the orange vanilla champs near me! it’s my FAVORITE!

jessica June 11, 2012 at 11:13 am