So College

by jessica on August 5, 2012

I left work on Friday and never looked back. This was a weekend of shopping, brunching, and drinking with friends. I had girls night and a bachelorette party on the calendar for this weekend, and neither disappointed! I have some pretty fantastic friends so of course my weekend was fantastic.

In Madison on Friday, my friend Mere and i shopped, dined, drank, and brunched. What more can you ask for?

photo 4.JPG

Oh Lazy Janes…the gem of Willy St! I die for those scones.

photo 1.JPG

After brunch (and a quick Trader Joe’s run), I headed home for some relaxing. I live two miles from my parents’ house yet I laid out on my patio. I was too tired for more driving. I even fell asleep out on my patio so it’s a good thing I set an alarm. I needed my rest because Saturday night was my friend’s bachelorette party. I love bachelorette parties. Bring on the craziness!

photo 3.JPG

The theme of the bachelorette party was preppy. We had planned on golfing but we were rained out. It’s a shame because I think I had the perfect golf attire – popped collar and pearls!

photo 2.JPG

We might not have been able to golf, but we were still able to drink. And drink we did! We were a fun group. I had a bit too much fun though…

the spins gif.gif

This is how I felt when I woke up this morning

sleeping.gif

I spent my entire morning in bed. Dying. The thing is, I was completely sober when I went to bed. I felt fine and I drank a glass of water. This morning I woke up and couldn’t even get out of be until 1:05 pm. Wow. I felt so college. I’m a MF-ing adult…that apparently gets wastey and lays around hungover all morning. I guess some weekends you have to relive your past!

Once I was a functioning person, I drank a gallon of water, met a friend for frozen custard, and did laundry. Pretty exciting stuff. I guess I’m not so college after all. If I was I would have spent my afternoon drinking and eating Taco Bell.

Pretty sure I will pay for this fun at the gym tomorrow. Can’t wait.

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 5, 2012 at 9:39 pm

That’s one of those mornings when I wake up and go “I’m too old for this…” ;)

jessica August 12, 2012 at 9:31 pm

LOL yes! And yet I keep on doing it…I guess I’m not learning my lesson…or refusing to get old!

jessie August 5, 2012 at 10:53 pm

haha, love it! sometimes even us “older” girls need a night of drinking & eating “unhealthy” food :) glad you were eventually able to get outta bed & get yourself some custard!

jessica August 12, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Definitely! Those nights out are our therapy! ;)

Allison August 6, 2012 at 10:08 am

We went to Lazy janes too! I always get an extra scone or 2 to bring home and eat when I’m lonely for madison! I got a almond joy one yesterday! Which I’m eating half of today. :D YUM!

jessica August 12, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Their scones freeze really well!! I always get a few extra. You never know when you are having a bad day and need a Lazy Jane’s scone! ;)

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning August 6, 2012 at 10:31 am

I love the preppy theme! So much better than the penis theme, which is what I ran into this weekend at a bar.
I quit drinking to the point of drunkenness three years ago after having a week-long hangover. I used to be a PRO at drinking like it was job and waking up the next morning feeling fine (like… 10 years ago). But now? Any more than 2 drinks and I pay for it for the next day ALL DAY. I just don’t do it anymore. It sucks- I wish I could every now and then!

jessica August 12, 2012 at 9:45 pm

This whole laying in bed hungover thing is new to me and I DISLIKE it! I used to be a pro too. Now twice in one week I’ve woken up hungover when I went to sleep sober. Like wth? Getting old isn’t fun! haha